As you might have seen in the Globe, Fenway Bark's building permit, issued in October, was issued in err within an Interim Proposed Overlay District (IPOD) in Boston. Because of this, we were required to reapply for a new permit and the process may take a few months, if we are successful. We had hoped to bring needed services and jobs to the Boston area as soon as February but the permit reapplication process, the zoning board of appeals meetings, etc. will keep us from opening until, at the earliest, Spring. If you would like to have a resource like Fenway Bark, please call or write your Liaison to the Mayor, State Representative, Senator, or Council representative to let them know you are in support of Fenway Bark . We don't have a zoning board appeal date yet but we will let you know. YOUR SUPPORT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Please contact your city officials to share your support for Fenway Bark! Here are a few important points you can share:
- Boston is the only major city without quality overnight boarding facilities for dogs
- Boston does not have pet physical therapy and rehabilitation facilities
- The City of Boston has at least 10,000 dogs and very few dog facilities for care
- The City of Boston granted Fenway Bark a building permit and then took it away after the probationary period had already passed.
- Fenway Bark will offer 40 jobs with benefits in a community that has 20% unemployment.
- Boston is rated the 6th worst place in the United States to have a dog (Men's Journal). Massachusetts also has a flight problem where people are moving out of the State.
Please help by writing. You're participation in the process will help us realize the great American Dream.
Neighborhood Coordinator for the Mayor: Casey Hines Flynn
Email Link: Casey.Hines@CityofBoston.gov
Senator Jack Hart
Boston, MA 02133
Telephone: (617) 722-1150
E-Mail Address: John.Hart@state.ma.us
State Representative Brian P. Wallace
|State House |
|Room 472 |
|State House |
|Boston, MA 02133 |
|Telephone: 617-722-2013 |
|Fax: 617-722-2239 |
Bill Linehan, Councillor, District 2 - City of Boston
Address: 1 City Hall Square, Suite 550, Boston, MA 02201-2043
Bill.Linehan@cityofboston.gov subject for this message is required