Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Entrepreneur Pledge - Kauffman Foundation

I am sharing with you a Pledge that the Kauffman Foundation, an organization supporting entrepreneurship and innovation, has published.  I read it this morning and thought it dovetailed so nicely into my last post that I want to share it with you. 

I believe the American Dream is still alive and well, even it may be more difficult to get there sometimes.  If you are an entrepreneur, the words will mean a lot to you.  If you know an entrepreneur or perhaps a budding entrepreneur, you may want to share this pledge with them, too.

The Entrepreneur's Pledge:


I am an Entrepreneur.
I am following a dream, pursuing an opportunity, taking charge of my own destiny.
I am bringing something of value to society, making a job for myself and for others, and creating wealth that benefits my family, my community, my country, my world.
I am one of a movement of millions of entrepreneurs and innovators who made America great, and who will continue to keep our economy going ... and growing.
I am what I am because many people have helped me along on this journey.
Therefore:
I will tell my story, sharing my successes and failures, so that others taking the entrepreneurial path can learn.
I will strive to mentor an aspiring entrepreneur.
I will make my voice heard by those who make policy decisions that affect me and my business.
I will appreciate and celebrate my accomplishments, and the accomplishments of all my fellow entrepreneurs.
I will give back to the society that helped me to be successful.
I will Build a Stronger America.

No comments:

Post a Comment